Fair Wear Foundation
Fair Wear Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization striving to improve working conditions in the textile industry. The foundation is an initiative by trade organizations in the textile sector, trade unions and NGO's.
Fair Wear Foundation verifies that member companies implement a Code of Labour Practice along their supply chain and checks compliance by monitoring audits and remediation efforts. Annual reporting by member companies and by FWF itself promotes transparency at all levels.
We all have a right to a safe and healthy work environment, a living wage, a legally binding contract. We all have a right to be free from discrimination and harassment, to join - or not to join - a labour union, to choose our work freely. We all have a right to fair and reasonable working hours. And our children have a right to go to school.
Continental Clothing Co. has adopted a robust policy with regard to the following minimum social responsibility criteria:
- No use of child labour
- No use of forced labour
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Legal labour contracts
- Payment of living wage
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- No discrimination against employees
- No excessive hours of work
Continental Clothing Co. has been running a pro-active social responsibility programme as a member of Fair Wear Foundation since early 2006. All the Company’s manufacturing facilities are regularly audited for social compliance and are running active monitoring programmes in accordance with standards advocated by the International Labour Organisation, the Ethical Trading Initiative and other international bodies.
- FWF is governed by the following organisations:
- Modint (business association for manufacturers and distributors of fashion, interior design, carpets and textiles)
- CBW-MITEX (business association for retailers of interior design, fashion, shoes and sportswear)
- FNV Bondgenoten (federation of trade unions - service industry)
- CNV Dienstenbond (Christian trade union - service industry)
- Clean Clothes Campaign